France: L'argentierre
Thursday 10th July
We awoke early to another cloudless cobalt blue sky, I headed into the wellness centre for an early morning swim. I had the new pool all to myself and swimming around outdoors in the early morning sun surrounded by the green hills, I couldn’t have been happier. The wellness centre is just amazing, a really modern contemporary design and best of all children under 16 are banned! Wow I was in 7th heaven!
Energised by the swim we had fresh croissants for breakfast and headed out on the mountain bikes down the valley into Largentiere. A cutesy stone village clinging to the hillside, we picked up the latest info from the tourist information office and then pedalled on back up the hill and around the environs of the campsite until the sun got the better of us and a swim was necessary.
2pm and I had booked a chiropractic massage for an hour in the wellness centre. The English physio did an amazing job at putting my spine back into line, with neck and back adjustments galore I didn’t realise how out of line my spine had become, the physio really knew his stuff.
After beers and a late lunch we snoozed in the shade of the trees and were back in the fitness centre, by the pool sunbathing until gone 7pm. We had an evening BBQ with sausison aux herbs for starters, veal accompanied with Johnathon’s special mushroom and 3 pepper sauce, broccoli and fried potatoes cubes and naturally lots of SVB! Our little BBQ oven is so very versatile!
Around 9:30pm we headed up to the bar to watch the pink cabaret (we had to see this) it was an eclectic mix of mime, comedy and interactive games set to music and lights, all very amateur but after several glasses of wine and more beer who cared! It made us laugh and was a great atmosphere, the campsite is over run with Dutch people and they had all certainly got into the spirit of the evening with that typical European party feeling.
Friday, 11 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment