Friday, 25 July 2008

Day Sixteen

in the big brother house.........

Ok well not quite but day 16 in little ol Priscilla.......!

Sunday 20th July

Spain: Casa Beaumont, Arboleas

I awoke before sunrise, after a stiflingly hot night in my parent’s villa. The worry of my lost passport was buzzing around in my head and I decided that I needed to strip Priscilla out before making plans to visit an embassy. I started by giving Priscilla a wash, much to her relief, unpacking 2 weeks of washing ready to load into my mother’s washing machine.

The last thing to come out of Priscilla was her rug and bingo! There lay my passport beaming away at me on the floor. I leapt for joy, dancing round my parent’s pool to repeated woops of “I got my passport”. I thought this might have woken the family up, but the previous nights drinking and catch up had gone on late into the early hours and not a murmur was to be heard from within the villa.

The remainder of the day was filled with chores, washing and blogging, punctuated with frequent dips in the pool to keep cool. Its unbearably hot in Andalusia at this time of year and lethargy soon sets in. Splashing around in the pool however, is a great antidote and lots of fun. My brother bombing me with water, footballs and the like as my mother screeched “watch my toe” (an unfortunate encounter with a board walk on the beach a few days previously to blame for a broken toe).

As the day’s heat began to fall back, we rounded together for a family BBQ, always an event in itself. Mum and Dad clearly enjoying having all the family together for the first time in a couple of years. We cracked open wine, feasting late into the night, as the conversations and alcohol flowed.

No comments: