France: Nages
Friday 25th July
Awoke in the early hours with a red wine head, but with more sleep and I was up and out in the camp shop buying bread and pain au chocolate by 8:30 (maybe I’m never going to have a beach bums alcohol tollerance!)
We both had a lazy day. The kind of battery recharge day you might have on a Sunday if you one was working, but I’m not! Ok so all the days are blurring into one I know, but I’m liking it that way. After 14 years of working non stop I’m having a ball not having my life driven by deadlines.
So I’ve spent much of my day with the blog. Talking of the blog its terribly time consuming, but I’m having great fun writing it. I hope those of you keeping tracks of my travels aren’t bored out of your minds. And talking of boring there hasn’t been much to blog about today. I’ve spent much of the day sat under the trees, laptop in lap. Its been tranquil with the birds singing and the sun filtering through the trees.
Well it was until the Dutch brats arrived on the lovely empty pitch to the side of us. I should have known from the moment they arrived they would be trouble. I mean why at the start of a holiday would the young boy be crying as he’s extracted from the car by his dad? I think dad might consider investing in an ejector seat, that’ll shut the kid up.
Anyway going back to the broken piece and tranquillity as the children played, or was that screamed, it all became a blur, Ian hinted that we might indeed only be staying 2 nights! Ok I know I’m sounding like Victor Meldrew but really why can’t children play quietly whilst their parents set up camp? Do they not know my thoughts are easily interfered with? The mums miserable as well, I want to give her a slap and say hey your Dutch and Dutch people are always happy and your holidays chill!
Ok I’m being way too nice, do those children not know that screeching whilst playing annoys the hell out of me (and Johnathon wonders why children don’t interest me!). Its blown all my mis conceptions I had about how Dutch parents and how well they manage their children. These ones clearly didn’t attend the same parenting classes that the rest of Dutch Society seems to have.
Ok so bar humbug over I did manage to pull my self away from the blog to round the day off with wine, food and beer. The Dutch brats never really did shut up except for an hour around feeding time at the zoo, so we drowned them out with some music whilst attempting to re-create the goats cheese salad we had had in Spain ala Ian and Ray minus the eye candy (lets just say we desperately need Johnathon’s culinary expertise).
Saturday, 26 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment