Its Monday and the morning starts with tidying up some loose ends on the new job front. Having had the weekend to contemplate its decision time on the job offers front.
My headhunter is texting and e-mailing as she enters into final negotiations for me. In the meantime I've plugged one of the fridges into Priscilla thinking we would be off on the days adventure soon, but the e-mails and phone calls take longer than I anticipated and by the time we where finally ready to head out for the day I'd run Priscilla's battery flat!
What a bannana!
So it was time to test out my French again at reception and I managed to blag a battery charger off the owner. So with Priscilla on charge, we ate the planned picnic on the campsite as we watched in anticipation the battery meter flicker about, hoping it was indeed just the battery and not Priscilla having a queeny strop!
After lunch the battery still wasn't enough to turn Priscilla over and I couldn't handle the anticipation, with a phone call imminent on the job front I needed to head out and forget things for a while. We decided on a river walk from the campsite. Wild jasmin and sweet peas were growing by the rivers edge and trout swimming around, it was an idyllic place for a walk and beautiful place get the confirmation that I had been waiting for, negotiations were complete and I had a new job waiting for me at the end of August.
We returned to Priscilla later in the afternoon and hey presto she turned, with the engine running we jumped in and headed out into the mountains to visit the Abime De Bramabiau, an underground river and waterfall system stretching for 11km, discovered in 1888 of which 1km is open to the public via a guide. Amazing place, in an enchanting location, it made for a spectacular end to the day.
1 comment:
The argue-free tent sounds intruiging. Photos please!
Post a Comment